Dakota leather is only dyed with aniline dyestuffs to maintain the origin characteristics of the leather hides. These dyes are transparent. For this reason the original structure of the skin is still visible. As the Dakota leather has a wax finish instead of a covering finish, the grip is wonderful soft and comfortable.
Original Dakota leather can be identified by the following typical features:
- robust appearance
- intensive and warm “aged” colours
- natural structure of the leather, you can see the difference between neck and back
- slight irregularities of the surface colour
In short, a living piece of nature, which is changed with the know-how of tanners into a seat furniture.
Please observe the following recommendations in order to maintain the features of leather:
- Do not expose your leather furniture to direct sunlight.
- Do not place your furniture directly next to the heating.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture.
- Ensure a pleasant indoor climate: 45-55% atmospheric humidity, room temperature 18 – 21°C.
Keralux® spray N
Keralux® colour repair set
Important protection from day one. Vintage leather needs sun protection and protection against liquids and stains. Therefore we recommend to apply Keralux® spray N with sun protection upon delivery of your new furniture. Follow the instructions on the package. It might be useful to buy an extra bottle of Keralux® spray N with sun protection. You can use that for the first treatment of new furniture. The Keralux® set Vi can be used minimum. twice a year. The LCK® cleaning glove set can be used weekly to keep the leather dust free.