Havanna leather is only dyed with aniline dyestuffs to maintain the origin characteristics of the leather hides. This dyes are transparent. For this reason the original structure of the skin is still visible. As the Havanna leather has a wax finish instead of a covering finish, the grip is wonderful soft and comfortable.
Havanna leather can be identified by the following typical features:
- robust appearance
- intensive and warm colours
- visible and touchable characteristics such as insect bites and scars
- natural structure of the leather, you can see the difference between neck and back
- slight irregularities of the surface colour
- visible scars show the life of the animals
- visible hair holes
In short, a living piece of nature, which is changed with the know-how of tanners into a seat furniture.Please observe the following recommendations in order to maintain the features of leather:
- Do not expose your leather furniture to direct sunlight.
- Do not place your furniture directly next to the heating.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture.
- Ensure a pleasant indoor climate: approx. 45-55% atmospheric humidity, room temperature 18 °C – 21 °C.
Keralux® colour repair set
Important protection from day one. Saddle leather is protected by natural wax and possibly oil emulsions. Therefore we recommend to keep up this protection from day one, by using Keralux® lotion S upon delivery of your new furniture. Follow the instructions in the set. It might be useful to buy an extra bottle of Keralux® lotion S. You can use that for the first treatment of new furniture. The Keralux® set S can be used minimum twice a year. The LCK® cleaning glove set can be used weekly to keep the leather dust free.